It is common for young children to have difficulties in paying attention and concentration, but when this difficulty becomes a serious problem for parents and teachers, it may be a sign of ADHD or Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
The CDC estimates 1 in 11 school-aged children are diagnosed with ADHD and early warning signs of this condition can appear before the child starts going to school. As a pediatric home care agency in Virginia, we often look out for the following signs of ADHD in young children:
- Dislikes or avoids activities that require paying attention for more than one or two minutes.
- Being constantly restless which manifests by kicking or jiggling their feet, twisting in their seat, or getting up after being seated for a few minutes.
- Frequent aggression with playmates which can result in them being removed from daycare/preschool for aggression.
- Being injured for moving too fast or running when instructed not to do so.
- Talking more and making more noise than other children of the same age.
It is best to consult with a pediatrician or a developmental expert if you observe any of the mentioned symptoms in your child. You can also consult any concerns about your child’s development. When diagnosed early, there are various effective and safe treatments to manage the symptoms of ADHD.
Do you have a loved one with ADHD that requires care at home? You may benefit from a home care agency in Woodbridge, Virginia. Contact us today.
Our home health agency in Virginia provides various services such as skilled nursing and personal care.